Monday 3 August 2020

Pre-School Thoughts


Pre-School Thoughts 

I walked alongside my mother with steps bigger than my body would allow and at a pace which was difficult for me but easy for her, Those grown-ups (an alien species in my opinion, mom" being an exception) would call it 'tottering', but anyone who saw me wouldn't blame me for the strange way in which I was walking, for I was carrying precious cargo. The perilous walk between my home to where the bus picked me up wouldn't be safe without 'ma'. 

With my satchel flip-flopping at my side, I carried my cargo in my hands - 'the giant watermelon'. It was bigger than my head for sure, probably half my size. 

I was going to pre-school. Today was a special day, an adventure, each of the children had to get a fruit to school, I was sure than mine was the best. 

The bus journey to school was scary too. Who knows what evils are in store for children in buses carrying watermelons? I heaved a sigh of relief as I walked towards my class. My chest puffed up with pride as I heard a couple of gasps coincide with my entering. loved appreciation. Who wouldn't appreciate it? With light and dark green stripes we were all asked to put our respective fruits on the table, and I immediately noticed that my watermelon stood out. In my eyes it seemed to radiate a certain glow. The teacher told us what each fruit was, and then, to my horror, started CUTTING the fruits. My heart pumped furiously as she got closer to my watermelon, but alas she, didn't stop. It was cut and served to all the children.

I didn't quite understand. I was the one who brought the melon, so that definitely made it MY melon. Since it was MINE, why was it in pieces? And there was a chunk before me too. 

The watermelon was red inside with tiny black seeds. I bit into it grudgingly, still trying to figure out why MY melon was hacked and served to everybody, when its delightful taste filled my senses. WOW. that was good! 

With the taste of the fruit surfacing, the controversy surrounding the melon took a back seat, as I generously decided to let sleeping dogs lie. After all, there were other things for me to worry about like those stupid apples we were supposed to draw. Why couldn't apples be blue? For in my opinion, blue apples looked just fine. I mean, I just don't see why they MUST be red...


Spanish Translation 

Pensamientos preescolares

 Caminé junto a mi madre con pasos más grandes de lo que mi cuerpo me permitía y a un ritmo que era difícil para mí pero fácil para ella. Esos adultos (una especie alienígena en mi opinión, mamá "siendo una excepción) lo llamarían" tambaleante  ", pero cualquiera que me viera no me culparía por la extraña forma en que caminaba, ya que llevaba una carga preciosa. La peligrosa caminata entre mi casa y el lugar donde me recogió el autobús no estaría a salvo sin ella".  '.

 Con mi cartera columpio a mi lado, llevaba mi carga en mis manos: 'la sandía gigante'.  Seguramente era más grande que mi cabeza, probablemente la mitad de mi tamaño.

 Yo iba a preescolar.  Hoy fue un día especial, una aventura, cada uno de los niños tenía que llevar una fruta a la escuela, estaba segura de que la mía era la mejor.

 El viaje en autobús a la escuela también daba miedo.  ¿Quién sabe qué males están guardados para los niños en los autobuses que transportan sandías?  Solté un suspiro de alivio mientras caminaba hacia mi clase.  Mi pecho se hinchó de orgullo cuando escuché un par de jadeos coincidiendo con mi entrada.  Amado aprecio.  ¿Quién no lo apreciaría?  Con rayas verdes claras y oscuras, se nos pidió que pusiéramos nuestras respectivas frutas sobre la mesa, e inmediatamente noté que mi sandía se destacaba.  En mis ojos parecía irradiar un cierto brillo.  La maestra nos dijo qué era cada fruta y luego, para mi horror, comenzó a CORTAR las frutas.  Mi corazón latía furiosamente mientras se acercaba a mi sandía, pero, por desgracia, no se detuvo.  Fue cortado y servido a todos los niños.

 No entendí del todo.  Yo fui quien trajo el melón, así que definitivamente lo convertí en MI melón.  Como era MÍO, ¿por qué estaba hecho pedazos?  Y había un trozo delante de mí también.

 La sandía era roja por dentro con pequeñas semillas negras.  Lo mordí a regañadientes, aún tratando de entender por qué MI melón fue pirateado y servido a todos, cuando su delicioso sabor llenó mis sentidos.  GUAU.  ¡eso era bueno!

 Con el sabor de la fruta, la controversia que rodeaba al melón quedó en segundo plano, ya que generosamente decidí dejar que los perros durmieran.  Después de todo, había otras cosas por las que preocuparme, como esas estúpidas manzanas que se suponía que debíamos dibujar.  ¿Por qué las manzanas no pueden ser azules?  En mi opinión, las manzanas azules se veían bien.  Quiero decir, simplemente no veo por qué DEBEN ser rojos ...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Brochure Design of Christ University, Lavasa, Pune.

Designing a collage brochure involves a blend of creativity, visual appeal, and effective communicat...